Monday, January 5, 2015

Christmas Memories - SOUS DT

 
It's my reveal day over at
 today, with my first
 layout of 2015.
 
A beautiful photo of two of
 my Granddaughter's visiting
with Santa last month.
 



This week's fab sketch is
 from our Leah.



Using Kaiser papers from the
 "Twig & Berry" Collection,
 and the collectables from the
same collection.




Distressing and layering.




Some Crate Paper bobble trim
 from their
 Peppermint Collection.



The subtitle was the first words
 uttered by Santa when the
 children woke him from
 his slumber in front
 of the fire.
 
Rebekah and Emma were dressed
 in similar jackets and had
 their hair done the same.
 
Santa was a riot. I have to say he is
the BEST Santa I have ever met.
Totally off the cuff.
Daughter and I
were in hysterics, behind the
 children. It went straight
 over their heads.
 
He was marvellous with the children,
and I really hope he is
 there next year.
 
We were at Burns' Cottage, Alloway, Ayr.
You've all heard of Robert Burns
 - our National Scottish poet!
 
The cottage is where he
was born - in 1759.



 
It was lovely to see it transformed into a
 Christmas Wonderland.
 
Though Emma (the youngest at 5)
 was disappointed when she
didn't get to see
Rudolph!




When Santa asked the children the
 requisite question "What would
 you like for Christmas?",
the Elf nearly gave herself a
 hernia, jumping up and down,
when Emma answered,
 truthfully, "Pixie Dust"
 
She wanted to be able to fly
like the reindeer, and figured
Santa would be the
right person to ask!



It was a lovely day with the
children, and methinks the
 last year Rebekah will
 believe without
question!
 
She is already doubting!


I have been a bit liberal with
the sketch this week, adding
a few bits to the bottom of
 the page. I don't do
 white space very well!
 
Remember to visit
for inspiration from my
 fellow Sous Sisters,
 and their wonderful
 layouts from the
 same sketch.
 
I hope you also have time
 to join in our challenge.
 
We love to visit your
blogs and leave
 some love.
 
Until next time.
 
Hugs


 

3 comments:

Tracey said...

Happy New Year Jane....wishing you a wonderful 2015! Your layout is just Beautiful....I really enjoyed ready the story about your day. How fabulous to have the cottage turned into a winter wonderland! Seeing the cottage bought back memories when I visited Scotland years ago.....I would so love to get over that way again. hugs x

Katy said...

LOVE all the layers and textures, Jane!!! Love the story, too...tell your granddaughter that I would be pretty upset if I didn't get to see Rudoloph, too!

Lizzyc said...

Happy New Year Jane!! I hope you have had a wonderful Christmas too.. I love your layout and reading about the girls visit to Santa.. I love the papers and collectables you have used.. and it is a bit sad when they grow up and lose the wonder of Christmas, but that is the way it is!! Cherish the memories!! Take Care..