Friday, August 2, 2013

SOUS Sketch Reveal


Oh my Goodness...
 
Where on earth did those two weeks go?
 
I was so planning on another
 post between the SOUS
 Reveals - honest!!
 
Anyway,
 it is Sketch Reveal Day at
 and boy did I struggle with
 this one... 



The sketch,
 by our own Leah.
 
 Which I have rotated for
 my layout.



How many of you recognized
 these OLD papers?



Basic Grey's "Eva" Collection!
An oldie, but a goodie.
 
Slowly munching my way
 through them...lol



The photo's are of the
 Millennium Wheel
 in Paris, 1999.
 
I'm actually in the wee, tiny photo
 bottom right, but the
Wheel had to have pride of place
on this page.



The golden gates are the
 Spellbinders die 'Gilded Gate'.
 
I have
wanted to cut this in
 gold mirror card since the
 day I bought it.
 I knew it would look stunning.
 
It perfectly hilights the
 golden gates at the entrance
 to the
 Jardin des Tuileries,
which pass onto the
Place de la Concorde



The other Spellbinders
 I have used are
 'Grand Decorative Circles One'
 for the huge wheel photo,
 'Fancy Tags Two'
 and
 '5x7 Detailed Scallops'




Some fussy cutting from
 the papers and punchwork with
 Martha Stewart's
 'Floral Vine'
deep edge punch.



Well, that's me for today.
 
Now head on over to
and see the gorgeous creations
of the rest of the DT.
 
 Then have a go at
 the sketch yourself and
 we'll be around to leave
 you some scrappy love.
 
Hugs for now


 

6 comments:

Sandi Clarkson said...

Such a cool page! I too have tons of paper that I need to munch through!

Lizzyc said...

Hi Jane! This looks wonderful, I love the gates at the front of your layout, and a fabulous photo to use too.. I remember those papers too, probably still got some in my drawer somewhere way down the bottom!! I hope you are well!!

Carole Wright said...

HI Jane, I love the way you turned this one around, super cool indeed. Have a great day.x

WhiteRacoon said...

Very creative! Love the way you used the sketch, I mean that unbelievable wheel instead of the circle, looks magnificent! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Well, you may have struggled but did end up with one of the more unique takes on the sketch which is super cool! And I know what you mean...how did the time go by? Well for me, more this Summer then any before I have been busy and just not feeling the online stuff too much. Ya know?
Anyways, hope you've been great and this time is filled with fun...

Hugs!!!!!

Erica Ortiz said...

I am loving that gold gate! This is so creative and wonderfully put together! I just love it!