Wednesday, April 3, 2013

SOUS Card Sketch Reveal

It's Card Sketch Reveal Day
 over at
 
This is my take on the sketch.
 
 
 


The great sketch this week is
by our Nanne.



The papers for this card are
 Kaiser "75 Cents" Collection.



The black pearl flourish is
 from Zva Creative.



The "find joy every day" stamp
is from Hero Arts.





The inside is fully decorated too.



"Thinking of You" stamp
 from Inkadinkado.



The story behind the little cherub
 (isn't he adorable!)
 is again from my recent
 weekend trip to
 Melbourne, Australia
 with Tracey.
 
Tracey wanted to go to
a place called Kensington,
 just outside the city,
"to see the quaint shops and cafe's".
It's only 3 kilometres, she says!!
 
So, we take a look at
 the local map, and it's
 only 2.6 k.
 
So, off we go.
 The weather was perfect,
 not too hot!
 
We walked,
and we walked,
 and we walked.
 
2.6 k, my butt.
 
Turned out to be 4 kilometres.
 
And, after all that,
 it wasn't that quaint at all!!
The shops were shut,
what there was of them.
 
But, it was too funny.
 
We got the train back into
 the city. I wasn't walking
 that again...lol
 
But, I did pick up this
 little cherub in the one
shop that was open.
 He cost me $3 - bargain!!!
 
I love him....



  
Now, head on over to the
 and see what my fellow DT girls
 have made with the sketch.
Their cards are gorgeous.
 
 
 
Hugs


 

7 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Hi Jane, This card is really lovely! And the cherub is very cute!! I hope things are going well for you!!

Lizzyc said...

Hi Jane, This card is really lovely! And the cherub is very cute!! I hope things are going well for you!!

Fern said...

Jane, your card is gorgeous!!! Great layers.. love the distressed look and your butterfly is beautiful!!!

I also had to chuckle at your story behind the purchase of your cute cherub!!!

Hope you had a wonderful Easter... and are having a great week!!!

Hugs!!!

Carole Wright said...

great story and great card. Whoever wins this will be really pleased. BFN x

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card Jane!
And what a story to share! A mini adventure
with a wonderful friend...sounds good to me!
=)
I love the cherub also that you found! Just darling!

xoxo!

Nanne said...

this is such a beautiful card Jane.. love what you did with the card sketch..
hugs
Nanné

Tracey said...

Hey there Jane......How funny, I'll never live our walk down...thank god it was nice weather! Love your gorgeous little cherub! Beautiful card, love all the layering of pretty papers! Hugs xo