Monday, September 5, 2011

Cardabilities # 38 & More Storage Stuff

Hello again, today I have my interpretation of the current card sketch over at Cardabilities...



The sketch....



Flowers are Prima....



Papers are Country Companions "Lover's Lane" - that wee hedgehog is too cute...



I have cut the image, using Nestabilities Labels Eleven, from the front packaging of the paper pack!



Inked all edges with Distress Ink - Victorian Velvet (hope you're reading this Mandy - Pinecone is evil!!!!)

Ribbon and lace from stash and a wee bit of a Kaiser bling flourish....








Now, to continue with my storage stuff - the Ikea Expedit Cube....

This is super, photo heavy - grab a coffee for the journey....LOL



Sitting on the floor, next to the Cube, are three draw units from Ikea. These come us unfinished wood, ready to decorate. I painted them white and then covered in paper....



These draws hold my cardstock scraps - by colour. The pieces that are too big to throw away....



The nine little draws in the middle set, I store gold and silver trims, and other special trims and laces....



Onto the Cube - top row, left to right....

Two boxes which I covered myself with pretty wrapping paper....



Bottom box is my Cricut Handbooks - in alphabetical order....



Top box is my Cricut overlays, upside down of course, to read the title, also in alphabetical order....



The next few boxes are shop bought, already covered, from Thingz, here in Australia...



Embossing powders....







Distressing tools and Utee....



Chalks, water colour pencils, crayons, multi coloured ink pads....



More little draws from Ikea (what would we do without Ikea???)



Top draw - Kaiser bling. Bottom draw - Kaiser pearls. I tried to keep these wee draws tidy, but gave up...





Brads - don't use these much now....



Roses - use these all the time....







La Blanche stamps - I have done a few projects with these gorgeous stamps, just haven't gotten around to photographing them and getting them on the blog - watch this space....



Tim Holtz Distress Inks. Should I be storing these upside down?





Wood mounted Sentiment stamps...



Wood mounted Christmas stamps....



This is a set of four boxes (I know, you can only see three!!) My gorgeous daughter bought them for me....



They have these beautiful Art Deco images on the top....



Top box - string and jute....



Middle box - tissue papers....



Bottom box - findings....

And the smallest box, not pictured, holds different sized rings for mini albums, etc.



These two boxes hold gorgeous stuff - which I must endeavour to use more of....



Dusty Attic....



Twiddleybitz....



This box actually belongs to daughter. When she returned to Scotland at the beginning of the year, she left most of her scrappy goodies with me. Some of her stamps are in here, which I use from time to time, but the box looks nice on the shelf...





Tiny alphabets. My Thickers are stored elsewhere - they have taken on a life of their own....



More wood mounted stamps...



The Nescafé coffee jar! I covered it in decoupage paper and use it as a sharps container - the safest way to dispose of old blades from my craft knife....

It sits on a shelf behind the boxes - out of sight....





Chipboard Words and Titles...



Lace - I love rummaging in this box - I don't even attempt to tidy this box up - I love it just the way it is....



Inside the dowdy brown cupboard (which will be white in a future life) under my Curtain Call Corner, I store my acrylic stamps - in their original packaging. Easy to flick through....



Sorry, used the flash on this one - didn't do that again....LOL



On top of the Expidit Cube is an altered project in which I store my pens...



I do NOT want to go down the road of Copics and the like (I've got too much stuff already). However, before we had even heard of Copics, I bought various gel pens...



And Tombows....



Whew, nearly done. Just a few more photo's for the next post

Hugs



1 comment:

Mandy said...

LOL yes pinecone is evil
Oh my goodnesss your stuff is SO organised!!!!!!! not at all like my chaos theory craft room....