Friday, May 20, 2011

William & Grace

Happy Friday everybody - here is my take on the latest sketch over at Stuck On U Sketches....



The sketch, by DT member Crafty-Ness....



Again working with my Lime Tart May 2011 A La Tarte.....



Papers are the gorgeous "Laced with Grace" Collection from Glitz....



The huge flower is Prima, as is the bling and pearls flourish, which I chopped up to fit my layout....



The wee letters are Basic Grey....



The photograph is my great uncle William (my maternal Grandmother's brother) and his first wife, Grace. I never knew Aunt Grace, she died before I was born....

But, I remember Uncle Willie, one of my 'old uncles'.....

I had three 'old uncles', Robert, Willie and John. They always used to give us money for sweets when we would go on holiday to Scotland (I grew up in the RAF, away from Scotland). None of the uncles had any children, and they, and the aunties, are all gone now....

This is where I hope my scrapbooking will preserve their existence for generations to come - no more nameless photo's.....



Thanks again to the beautiful girls at SOUS and their fortnightly sketches - they keep my scrapping mojo alive....

And not forgetting the fantastic kits I get each month from Lime Tart - thanks Philippa.....

Hugs


9 comments:

Carole Beath said...

Happy Friday from Arizona, Jane. I love coming to visit you because you are a prize winning layout gal. You do truly awesome projects.
Hugs
Carole

Nanne said...

beautiful layout Jane.. love those papers and adore prima flowers & Ba-ling!! I love your story behind the photo and you are so right about keep the memories alive even if only on paper now a days.. That photo is a genuine treasure and you are so lucky to have it!!
Hugs
Nanné

Anonymous said...

cool cool cool...
LOL, at least that's what I said when I looked at it!
the papers are so interesting together and love that big
flower and..what did Nanne say, Ba-ling? LOL!
you worked it out sister!

xoxo

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Wow, I love this layout! I was just delighted by the sketch, and you've really brought it to life! LOVE the marble over the Ampersand. Neat!

Hugs!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Hi, Jane .. well, you already know I love these papers! I'm using up this collection as fast as I can! They are so yummy! Love your take on the sketch Fabulous photo! Love that you are getting some names recorded for posterity. I always feel so flattered to have you play along!

Nati Tristan said...

This is absolutely stunning! WOnderful wonderful page with perfect embellishments all over

annette said...

Stunning LO Jane ... love the striped patterned paper ... terrific photo .. Cheers X:)

Ness said...

Jane this layout is beautiful!! I love it, such a fantastic take on the sketch. Ness xx

Stine Ursin said...

Simply beautiful. Love the distressed edges and the flower is so beautiful!!