Wednesday, January 27, 2010

REFLECTION

This is my take on the latest sketch over at SOUS....


The sketch by Beggahuna....


I have used Scenic Route papers, 'Garland', lace paper by Little Yellow Bicycle 'Poinsettia', Gold Mirror Card, Kaiser pearls and a Karen Foster Sparkle Burst brad....



Circle cut from George cart and REFLECTION @ 1" from George....


Photo is DGD # 3 at Christmas - totally adorable....





This layout also qualifies for the challenge over at Practical Scrappers www.practicalscrappers.com to use at least two patterned papers, so I think I'll pop it on there too....





Yesterday was Australia Day down here in Oz, so, off to the fireworks last night, with Granny's car decked out in flags - I am qualified to fly the flag, DH and I became citizens two years ago....

Littlest granddaughter (the one from the layout above) wrapped against the breeze coming off the water....






DGD # 1 - mini me - with her little chair, just like Granny....





The City of Perth, after the fireworks (no photo's of the fireworks, you all know what they look like, and boy, do I have enough of them!!!!!) with the flag displayed on the St George building....



We went to South Perth this year to watch, thus was able to get this great shot, we usually go north of the river, so good decision....




That's it for this post, head on over to SOUS www.stuckonusketches.blogspot.com and Practical Scrappers and see what everyone else has been up to, you won't be disappointed....

Hugs

Jane xx



16 comments:

Sandi Clarkson said...

Jane, fantastic layout. I'm a little under the weather today but wanted to say a quick hello! Love your embellies. And what a cute little firecracker your DGD makes!

Amanda said...

Absolutely stunning layout!!!!! I just love everything about it, especially the pic of your adorable granddaughter.. Thanks for joining us at Practical Scrappers..

Amanda :0)

Sherri said...

Wonderful layout....such great mix of patterns and elements!

Sherri Practical Scrappers DT

Anonymous said...

I am having a hard time looking at you and thinking "Granny" but times are a changing! LOL! Those girls are super super sweet! Congrats on your citizenship, by the way! I love your page, you totally rocked the sketch (as always). I love that you can follow a sketch so perfectly but have it made totally your own!

Nanne said...

She is such a little cutie.. I adore your layout and what a great job ou did using this weeks sketch.. Glad you made Mclinky in time as well...LOL
Such a joy to view your work..
hugs
Nanné

Fern said...

Hi Jane! What a sweetie #3 is!! Your layout is just beautiful ~ love the pretty pp and the bling is fantastic!! Love your photos, too!! XX Fern

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Jane,
Your layout is perfect - as usual! I love all the red dot details! Just amazing how much effort that must have taken! The photos of your day of celebration are neat - I'm glad you shared them! You definitely look too young to be a Grandma. You actually look her Mom!

Unknown said...

Wow!!! I love those choices in pattern papers!!! Great job!!! Thanks for playing along with us at PS!

Michele said...

Beautiful layout!!! I love those pearly swirls, I want some of those!

Jamie Lane Designs said...

Your layout is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Practical Scrappers!

Nikki said...

This is gorgeous Jane!

Ann said...

Love your LO Jane, it's so beautiful, just like your DGD!! Love all the photo's of Australia Day too - I hope you celebrated our Rabbies day on the 25th?? :D
The coastline is a beautiful pic with all the colours reflecting in the water!! Take care & Hugs
Ann xx

Random Acts of Krafting said...

Love your pictures, and the layout compliments the little girl. Great use of design papers. Thank you for playing with us at Practical Scrappers this week.
Hugs
Tanya

Sandy said...

Jane...thanx so much for not only the inspirational layout but the fab pics of your homeland and family...so much fun to imagine life so far away on my wintery snow day! The layout is just beautiful...I love the title and what a gorgeous pic! Thanx so much for joining in again...we so appreciate you sharing your talent with all of us!

scrappin_mom3 said...

Jane, what a stunning LO! Great choice of PP and thanks so much for joining us at Practical Scrappers!

Kerri

Amy said...

What a super cute layout!! I love the colors and all the flowers.